Fixed Fee Employment Tribunal Representation
This page is for Employers; if you are an Employee visit our Employment Tribunal Representation for Employees page.
Employment Tribunal Representation for Employers
For Employers, defending Employment Tribunal Claims or threats of a claim can be costly, but it doesn’t need to be. With our Fixed Fee Employment Tribunal Representation offering, Employers can save time and money. We understand how expensive, stressful, time consuming and distracting defending an Employment Tribunal Claim can be, even before the case ever reaches the hearing stage.
Defending Employment Tribunal Claims
Negotiating the employment tribunal rules & procedures can be confusing & difficult but it doesn’t need to be. With our Fixed Fee Employment Tribunal Representation offering, Employers can save time and money.
Fixed Fee Employment Tribunal Representation
With this in mind, Employment Law Services (ELS) have developed a Fixed-Fee Employment Tribunal Representation offering covering each of the steps of an Employment Tribunal Claim.
We believe this approach helps you control costs and minimises stress and wasted time and management resources, allowing you to continue to focus on your core business.
If you are faced with an Employment Tribunal claim, or threat of an Employment Tribunal Claim, Employment Law Services (ELS) can help.
In the first instance, we will review all of the facts of your case and give you an honest assessment of the merits, completely free of charge. Once we’ve undertaken a complete assessment we will outline clearly, and in plain english, your options including:
- Your statutory obligations in terms of responding to a claim or threat of a claim;
- You prospects for success and potential costs associated with an unsuccessful defence;
- Commercial approach and viability of settlement (pre or post claim);
- Potential impact on Company reputation both internally and externally.
If after considering your options you decide to secure our support, Employment Law Services (ELS) can offer a mix of fixed fee and hourly rate support packages based on your specific needs to help you control costs and mitigate the risks and costs associated with defending the threat of an employment tribunal claim throughout each step of the process.
Step One: Early Conciliation Representation
- We will review the details of the threat of a claim, including all relevant correspondence, then offer comprehensive advice, including advice on whether settlement of the claim is the best option for you and your business, which it may not be.
- We speak to ACAS on your behalf, and in doing so set out clearly your position.
- If settlement is reached, we will ensure the terms laid out in the COT3 Agreement are fair and reasonable.
Fixed Fee: £575 plus VAT*
Step Two: Responding to the claim
- We will review the details of the ET1, or in the case of a threat of a claim from an employee review all correspondence, then offer comprehensive advice.
- We will prepare and submit your ET3 response to the Employment Tribunal which has to be sent within 28 days of being received. If the a claim has not been formally raised with the Tribunal, we will prepare and send letters directly to the employee.
- We will await the response from the employee, either directly or via the Employment Tribunal, review and consider this, discuss the contents with you and advise you on how best to proceed with preparing your defense.
Fixed Fee: £725 plus VAT*
Step Three: Case Management of the Claim
- We will conduct any negotiations with ACAS on settlement/withdrawal of the claim in advance of a full employment tribunal hearing taking place.
- We will comply with, and action within the required timescales, all instructions set out in any Case Management Order(s) issued by the Employment Tribunal.
Fixed Fee: £835 plus VAT*
Step Four: Preparing bundles (documents/evidence) and drafting pleadings
- We will interview witnesses and prepare witness statements.
- We will prepare bundles (documents/evidence) and draft pleadings for the Tribunal Hearing.
Fixed Fee: £775 plus VAT*
Step Five: Preliminary Hearing Representation
- Make full representations on your behalf in accordance with the rules set out in schedule 1 to the Employment Tribunals (Constitution and Rules of Procedure) Regulations 2013 (SI 2013/1237)
Fixed Fee: £950 plus VAT*
Step Six: Full Hearing Representation
- Prepare all necessary documentation and make full representations on your behalf in accordance with the rules set out in the Employment Tribunals.
Fixed Fee: £975 plus VAT* per day
Hourly Rate Service
Our current hourly rate is a highly competitive £140 per hour + VAT.
If you prefer to prepare and defend your case personally, you may still need legal advice at certain stages of your claim, and so our Hourly Rate Service may be an option for you.
If you choose to pay by the hour, we will provide you with a detailed letter of engagement setting out your instructions and will only charge for the time actually spent dealing with your case. We will not spend any more time on your case than is absolutely necessary and will not incur costs without your permission.
At Employment Law Services (ELS), our aim is to prevent problems by minimising wasted management time and the risk of reputational damage, and to protect businesses by minimising financial risk and costs.
If you’re facing an Employment Tribunal Claim and want to find out more about how Employment Law Services (ELS) can help support your company, contact us today on 0800 612 4772 or request a Free Quote now.
Book a Free Consultation
Our specialist employment law team can advise on a full range of employment issues including unfair dismissal, redundancy, settlement agreements, discrimination and contractual disputes. Contact us on 0800 612 4772 or use the button below to book a free consultation with one of our employment law specialists.
Subscribers to any of our fixed fee Employment Law Advice and HR Service Packages may benefit from our Employment Tribunal Defence Service, which protects them from the legal costs associated with defending Employment Tribunal claims.
* Our fixed fee and hourly rate services do not include disbursements and expenses incurred by the Company on behalf of Clients and will be added to our charges, including (but without limitation) issue fees, hearing fees, expert witnesses fees, travelling, accommodation or subsistence costs, courier charges, bank charges and other administration charges.
* Our fixed fees are based on a standard employment tribunal claim. We may, however, charge an additional amount if, for example, members of staff have to work outside normal working hours, or if your case is more complex. In all circumstances we will not incur costs beyond the above figures without your prior approval.