How healthy is your business? To find out, answer these simple questions below.
1. Do all your employees have a written contract of employment? Y/N
2. Are these contracts of employment issued within the first 8 weeks of their employment commencing? Y/N
3. Do you have job descriptions for all roles within the organisation? Y/N
4. Do you check that all employees have the right to work in the UK? Y/N
5. Do you have a staff handbook? Y/N
6. Do you have written disciplinary and grievance procedures? Y/N
7. Do your policies and procedures comply with employment legislation? Y/N
8. Do you have a probationary period for new hires? Y/N
9. Do you know the 5 reasons for a fair dismissal? Y/N
10. Do you have a clear procedure for dealing with absence? Y/N
If you answered yes to under 5 questions, you are at high risk and should take immediate action.
If you answered yes to under 10 questions, you are at moderate risk, there is room for improvement in this instance.
If you answered yes to 10 and more questions, well done! You are at low risk – your HR essentials seem to be in place.
How can Employment Law Services (ELS) Help?
If you are an employer who requires assistance with any of the issues raised in this blog contact us today for your free consultation 0370 218 5662.